>I was tagged for this meme by Catherine at Baby Genie with a request for the a top 10 fashion freebies. So here goes…..
1. Swishing – basically swishing is clothes swapping parties. Everyone brings along items they no longer want but are still great condition, then after some time to browse/try on everyone is free to take whatever grabs their fancy. No fighting!!! Anything left over goes to charity. Great way to get a boost to your wardrobe, get rid of things you no longer wear and have a fun night with the girls.
2. Remixing – you want new outifts? Look in your own wardrobe and try combining things differently. Put patterns together, mix colours, use more than one accent colours. Use the accessories from one outfit on something completely different. You can totally revamp your wardrobe without spending a penny.
3. I’m with Catherine on the Supermarket magazine’s too, fashion tips inside and a chance to look at the new fashion ranges in store. I love Supermarket clothes but it’s nice to be able to look at home rather than browse with a whinging toddler in the trolley and two boys playing Star Wars in amongst the rails!
4. New Look Most Wanted magazine can be picked up in store. It’s full of inspiration. Love it!
5. Craft – if you have crafty skills you can refashion items to better meet your needs or make things from scratch to add to your wardrobe. I constantly have fabric and wool lying around waiting for me to get an idea for what to do with them. Learning to knit and how to use a sewing machine are the best skills my Mum ever gave me.
6. Blogs – there are loads of fashion blogs like this one around and you can pick up some amazing ideas from them. It’s great to see what others are wearing and immitating looks. Lots of bloggers run competitions too so you could find yourself winning a new fashion freebie whilst getting your inspiration.
7. Twitter – like blogging it’s great to connect with other people to get free fashion ideas and it’s definitely possible to win freebies that way – check out the Rise dress I won! You can find me on Twitter here
8. Fashion magazine’s online. There are lots of fashion magazine’s with online sites, two of my favourite’s are Look and InStyle
9. If you’ve followed all the routes for free fashion ideas above, you should have saved enough by not having to buy fashion mags to treat yourself! (ok not officially a freebie but I’m strugging here!!)
If you have any more fashion freebie ideas, comment or contact me with them and I can add them to the list!
10. Freecycle. Join your local freecycle group here. All items offered are free to collect and there are quite often clothes and footwear being offered. – Thanks Lizz
tweetmeme_source = ‘Spiragirl’;