These are very quick and easy and totally delicious. Ideal eaten fresh or cooked the night before and wrapped individually for lunch boxes.
125g butter (I use I can’t believe it’s not butter because I am rubbish at waiting for it to heat up to room temperature)
125g caster sugar
1 teaspoon lemon extract
125g self-raising flour
2 tablespoons milk
1. Cream the butter and caster sugar together.
2. Beat the lemon extract into the mix.
3. Beat eggs and flour into the mixture, alternating between an egg and a bit of flour to stop it splitting. I don’t bother sifting the flour because I’m lazy but they still turn out fine.
4. Add the milk and beat again.
5. Split between 12 baking cases in a muffin tray.
6. Cook for 17 mins at 180°c (200°c for non fan-assisted).
7. Cool for as long as you can bear on a cooling tray before devouring!